Be An Advocate For Youth!
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Events All Day, Rally At 11:00 AM
FREE for everyone
Youth Intervention Programs (YIP) Rally Day is a day for you and the youth you serve to showcase your program and the impact it has on the communities you serve. Our Minnesota legislators will be making budget decisions that directly affect your program. They need to hear from you and your youth so they understand your needs to help them make the best decisions. The YIP Rally Day is an opportunity to unite as a Youth Intervention community and advocate collectively for our youth.
We’ll make it easy for you, too. Everything you need for the YIP Rally Day is included in this Quick Reference Guide. Use the event to bring attention to your agency and gain some positive publicity. We’ll provide you with a press release template and simple instructions for sharing with the media. At the end of the day, you’ll walk away knowing you made a difference. There’s no better feeling than being the change we all want to see!
Take the first steps now while it’s fresh on your mind:
- Set a reminder for the day on your calendar.
- Start planning for the youth you’ll bring along for the learning experience.
- Review this guide to plan ahead for your meetings with your own State Legislators.
- If you’re not familiar with information about YIP yet, check out this short YIP Overview document.
- Schedule your meetings with Legislators about 30 days before the YIP Rally Day, we’ll remind you.