Recorded February 18, 2016
FREE for everyone
Too many of our youth are falling through the cracks because there is not enough support for Youth Intervention work. When our youth fail, our communities must deal with increased crime, an inadequately trained workforce and a lot of wasted taxpayer money. Most importantly, it is morally wrong to not make sure that youth have access to the support we know can help them to thrive.
While there is growing recognition that it is unacceptable to let our youth fail, much work remains to be done. You and the youth you work with can best convey the impact of Youth Intervention. It’s up to you to do what you can to change the way society perceives our at-risk youth, especially at the local level. You are part of the solution.
Today, it is no longer enough for you to be a good Youth Worker… you also must be a good advocate for Youth Intervention work.
From this training, you will understand that it is not difficult to advocate and that there are easy ways for you to be part of the systemic shift that is already occurring here in Minnesota and throughout the country. The time to sit idly by has passed. This webinar will motivate you to get off the sidelines and use the power, talents and skills you possess to advocate for at-risk youth within in your community.
Paul Meunier is the executive director of the Youth Intervention Programs Association (YIPA) and has spent the majority of his adult life as a public servant. A trained psychologist with a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from St. Mary’s University, Paul worked for 14 years as the lead of a setting IV emotional behavioral disorder (EBD) therapeutic program. Paul’s experience in politics began in 2004 as a member of the Ham Lake City Council. In 2006 he was elected Mayor of Ham Lake and served as mayor until 2011.
Before joining YIPA’s staff in 2011, Paul was a member of YIPA’s Board of Directors and served as its vice president. As YIPA’s executive director, Paul spends a considerable amount of time building bipartisan relationships and coalitions with lawmakers serving in the Minnesota State Legislature. He thoroughly enjoys politics and advocating for youth has been his lifelong focus.
- Understand that you most likely already have what it takes to be a good Youth Intervention advocate
- Learn what your locally elected people need to know about your work and Youth Intervention
- Know the steps that you can take right away to facilitate creating greater support for at-risk youth
Each of YIPA’s trainings are designed around MyYouthPro’s Competency Framework. The competency focus of this training is: THE FIELD OF YOUTH INTERVENTION
- Online Training
- Recorded on February 18, 2016
- FREE for YIPA members and Non-YIPA Members
- Not a member? Annual memberships are only $99 for individuals and are only $250 for organizations. Click here to join or learn more.
- Register now, watch whenever you have time!
- Only the person who registers is granted access to the webinar. If you are going to watch in a group, please make sure that each person registers. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
- Log-in information will be sent to you via a registration email confirmation.