The success of any youth program depends on the knowledge, skills, and confidence of each youth worker, volunteer and program leader. To become truly competent takes an ongoing commitment to professional development.
YIPA’s MyYouthPro is a professional development framework of eight competency focus areas. You’ll find the framework flexible and comprehensive, offering you a unique way to complement your current training program.
What Makes Our Trainings Exceptional
- All trainings are FREE to YIPA Members. Learn how to become a member here.
- Each training is designed around MyYouthPro’s Competency Framework for Youth Workers.
- Our Youth Intervention Certification (YIC) training provides a comprehensive foundation for all eight competencies in one complete package.
- To ensure training effectiveness, every training supports evidence-based or promising practices and includes tools and tips you can use immediately.
- We provide a Certificate of Attendance and all relevant information you may submit to your board for CEUs.
- Most of our trainings are available online so time constraints and travel restrictions don’t have to be barriers for you.
- We add new trainings throughout the year so visit often so visit often and sign up to get The BUZZ on Trainings email updates.
- We welcome member feedback and suggestions for trainings. Contact us today if you have ideas for training topics or speakers.
Our Commitment to You
When we say “we deliver exceptional professional development” it’s not just a slogan, it’s a mission-driven promise we make to you. To achieve that high standard, we follow a 10-point excellence assurance protocol.
From your initial registration right through to course completion, we’re paying attention to every detail because we want you to feel the value. And we’ll ask you to hold us to our high standards by giving us your honest feedback after each training.
Recent Training Blog Posts