AIN DAH YUNG CENTER
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“The Ain Dah Yung Center provides a healing place within the community
for American Indian youth and families to thrive in safety and wholeness.”
DOQ. Full-time non-exempt position with excellent benefits. Predominately Monday—Friday,
9 am—5 pm. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the Ain Dah
Yung Center’s central office along with numerous data entry, support, database for the Emergency Shelter,
Beverley A. Benjamin Youth Lodge, and Oyate Nawajin. This position reports to the Executive Assistant &
Administrative Services Director.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required plus a minimum of three years of administrative
and data entry experience required. BA, or equivalent experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• General office skills needed and be able to operate standard office equipment. Proficient in Microsoft Office 365; Word, Excel, Power Point & Publisher. Knowledge in Trail Blazer a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communication (verbal & written) skills.
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population. Required to be highly confidential and respectful in all situations.
• Ability to work as a team member and independently. Must be able to learn and adapt quickly with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks delegated from a number of staff members.
• Must be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis and have a high level of integrity.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and be to climb several levels of stairs.
• Cognizant and sensitivity to the needs of homeless youth, at-risk families and to the needs of the American Indian Community a must. American Indian candidates encouraged to apply.
- Must have valid MN Driver’s License and pass DHS Background Check.
CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2020