AIN DAH YUNG CENTER
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“The Ain Dah Yung Center provides a healing place within the community
for American Indian youth and families to thrive in safety and wholeness.”
DOQ. Full-time non-exempt position with excellent benefits. Predominately Monday-Friday, 9 am—5 pm. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the Ain Dah Yung Center’s central office along with numerous data entry, support, database, and Medicaid billing services for the Emergency Shelter, Beverley A. Benjamin Youth Lodge, Ninijanisag, and Oyate Nawajin. This position reports to the Development Director.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required plus a minimum of three years of administrative and data entry experience required. BA, or equivalent experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have general office skills and be able to operate standard office equipment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365; Word, Excel, Power Point & Publisher. Knowledge in TrailBlazer, MN E-Connect & MN-IT’S a plus.
• Experience billing MN-Its and private insurance companies preferred.
• Excellent organizational and communication (verbal & written) skills.
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Ability to work as a team member and independently, multi-task duties delegated from a number of staff members – all while efficiently meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and be to climb several levels of stairs.
• Cognizant and sensitivity to the needs of homeless youth, at-risk families and to the needs of the American Indian Community a must. American Indian candidates encouraged to apply.
Must have valid MN Driver’s License and pass DHS Background
CLOSING DATE: March 13, 2020