CITY OF BROOKLYN PARK invites applications for the position of:
Facilities Worker II – Community Activity Center
SALARY: $14.03 – $15.06 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 11/01/19
CLOSING DATE: 11/26/19 12:00 AM
Drive a Zamboni AND get paid to do it! Join the City of Brooklyn Park and check this off your life experience bucket list.
The Community Activity Center (CAC) is looking for a permanent part-time, limited-
benefit employees to assist with daily operations to include event set up, ice arena/ice resurfacer operation, building maintenance and assisting with the grounds and flower gardens.
This posting is now open to external candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate ice re-surfacing machine
- Sharpen skates for customers
- Perform general cleaning as well as general maintenance of facility and grounds maintenance
- Set-up and tear-down of rooms for facility events and activities
- Prepare racquetball courts for use
- Enforce safety rules and regulations that ensures the facility operates in a safe manner
MINIMUM AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate or the equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position MAY be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to pass a physical and drug test
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve problems according to established policy and procedure
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to relate and work effectively with people from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to provide a level of customer service that meets/exceeds customer expectation and satisfaction
- Embrace and engage in cultural shift toward Continuous Improvement
- Experience in facility and ground maintenance in a municipal environment
- Previous experience working with people from various cultural, socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Russian, Somali or Vietnamese
The City has determined that a criminal background check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
All job applicants must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test once a conditional offer of employment has been made. Applicants will be required to sign a notification and consent form prior to undergoing drug and alcohol testing. Applicants who do not consent to undergo drug and alcohol testing will not be required to do so and the City will withdraw the conditional job offer, resulting in the job applicant no longer being considered for the position.
After a conditional job offer, candidates will be required to pass a medical exam prior to employment. Applicants who do not consent to undergo any part of the medical exam will not be required to do so and the City will withdraw the conditional job offer resulting in the job applicant no longer being considered for the position.
About Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park is a thriving northwestern suburb of Minneapolis and the sixth largest city in the state with over 80,000 residents. As the 11th fastest growing city in Minnesota, the city has become even more vibrant because of our remarkable racial and cultural diversity. Fifty-four percent of residents are people of color, 22 percent are foreign-born, and more than a quarter speak a language other than English at home.
Recreation & Parks Department/Community Activity Center
Anticipated Work Schedule
This is a part-time, limited benefits position that will work up to 29 hours per week; hours are flexible and may include weekend and evening shifts.
Anticipated Hiring Wage
$14.03-15.06 per hour, depending on qualifications
Part Time – Limited Benefits
Sick and vacation are earned at a pro-rated rate. PERA, Flex Spending, and Deferred Comp eligible. This position is NOT eligible for Medical or Dental Insurance/Benefits.
Pay Grade NE0A
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: