How Belonging Helps You
YIPA members agree that they are better equipped to help young people develop their unique skills and talents. Membership strengthens individual team members, increases support for youth work, and makes programs more effective.
Beyond our Exceptional Training and Relentless Advocacy, members benefit from being connected to a community of youth workers who care deeply about our young people. Check out the additional opportunities members have to engage and belong.
The foundation of the Association is you – our YIPA members. Together, we create a collaborative community that unites our diverse field and drives toward our shared goal of helping all young people positively develop their unique skills and talents. We learn from each other, we uplift and encourage one another, we use our collective voice to advocate for the wholehearted support that will lead to fully funding Youth Intervention programs. YOU are YIPA. You belong here!
Your Inclusive Association
Whatever type of work you do with young people, you’ll feel a sense of belonging here. YIPA members are agencies, staff, and volunteers who serve our young people in all different types of programs. We’re proud to say our membership is as diverse as the needs of young people themselves. YIPA members include:
- Advocates for youth and family services
- County Health and Human Services departments
- Crisis counseling centers
- District Attorneys offices
- Faith-based programs
- Health services providers
- Homeless youth shelters
- Juvenile/Restorative justice and diversion programs
- Local law enforcement agencies
- Mental Health/Counseling clinics and treatment facilities
- Mentoring programs
- Out of School Time programs
- School Districts and Alternative Schools
- Workforce development and job training programs
Our Values Drive Us
We don’t just talk about our values, we let them shine through everything we do.
- In every interaction with us, you’ll feel valued, supported, and respected because we do genuinely care about you.
- Your work can be difficult at times so we’re here to support you. You can rely on our friendly, responsive and sincere service.
- It’s not all work and no fun. Just like the young people you serve, we appreciate a playful attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Through open and honest communication, being transparent about our work and building authentic relationships, we strive to earn your trust and keep your loyalty.
- Belonging is about building community that reflects diversity, expects equity, and welcomes all to participate, engage, network and collaborate.
- YIPA is powered by people who share your passion for serving young people. We courageously challenge the status quo and develop innovative approaches for your benefit.
- You’ll appreciate our commitment to excellence because your programs deserve nothing less than our best. Our best will help the young people you serve achieve their best.
- Like you, our hearts are 100% invested in helping young people succeed.
You are the Association – YIPA works for you!