AIN DAH YUNG CENTER
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“The Ain Dah Yung Center provides a healing place within the community
for American Indian youth and families to thrive in safety and wholeness.”
SALARY:DOQ. Full-time exempt position with excellent benefits. Wednesday—Sunday, 7:00 pm—3:00 am.
SUMMARY:Primary responsibilities include providing security and responding to resident’s needs and enforcing the guest policies at the front desk of Mino Oski Ain Dah Yung, a 42 unit permanent supportive housing program for youth ages 18– 24 years old.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. AA degree in social services, child development, elementary/secondary education, or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• A minimum of 1-year experience working with youth in a residential, therapeutic, group or classroom setting.
• Excellent organizational and communication (verbally & written) skills.
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and ability to climb several levels of stairs.
• Must have experience working with youth with a variety of emotional, personal, or social concerns.
• Set up and secure the after-hours desk as needed and appropriate.
• Provide corrective interactions around enforcement of Mino Oski rules, policies & procedures.
• Ability to use: Office equipment including telephone systems, multifunction copier, MS Office and Outlook and learn the use of security camera and door system software.
• Provide security monitoring of the building inside and out, with rounds several times per shift.
• Establish and maintain positive and appropriate relationships with residents.
• Respond & provide assistance with emergency situations and crisis intervention including de-escalation and if necessary calling the authorities & appropriate staff.
• Knowledge of the Native American culture, values, and family systems preferred.
• Cognizant and sensitivity to the needs of homeless youth, at-risk families, and to the needs of the American Indian Community is a must. American Indian candidates encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 21 years or older and pass DHS Background Check.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
If interested, please email a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more
information about the Ain Dah Yung Center, visit us at adycenter.org.