AIN DAH YUNG CENTER
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“The Ain Dah Yung Center provides a healing place within the community
for American Indian youth and families to thrive in safety and wholeness.”
DOE. Part-time, non-exempt without benefits. Hours are 11pm—8:30am working every other Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If a holiday falls on your regular scheduled shift you are required to work that holiday. Additional hours are often available.
Primary responsibilities include providing security and responding to Residents’ needs and enforcing the guest policies at the front desk of Mino Oski Ain Dah Yung, a 42 unit permanent supportive housing program for youth ages 18– 24 years old.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. AA degree in social services, child development, elementary/secondary education or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• A minimum of 1-year experience working with youth in a residential, therapeutic, group or classroom setting.
• Excellent organizational and communication (verbally & written) skills.
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and the ability to climb several levels of stairs.
• Must have experience working with youth with a variety of emotional, personal or social concerns.
• Provide corrective interactions around enforcement of Mino Oski rules, policies & procedures.
• Provide security monitoring of the building inside and out, with rounds several times per shift.
• Establish and maintain positive and appropriate relationships with residents.
• Respond & provide assistance with emergency situations and crisis intervention including de-escalation and if necessary calling the authorities & appropriate staff.
• Knowledge of the Native American culture, values, and family systems preferred.
• Cognizant and sensitivity to the needs of homeless youth, at-risk families and to the needs of the American Indian Community is a must. American Indian candidates encouraged to apply.
• Set up and secure the after-hours desk as needed and appropriate.
• Ability to use: Office equipment including telephone systems, multifunction copier, MS Office and Outlook
and learn the use of security camera and door system software.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 21 years or older and pass DHS Background Check.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled