Recorded in January 2016
3 Hour Training (Three 1-hour trainings to watch over a 3 weeks)
FREE for YIPA members
$60 for non-YIPA members
This was a 3 part Virtual Training that was recorded in January of 2016.
Self-care is essential for your success as a youth worker. When you are feeling healthy and happy, you enjoy working with youth more and you can handle difficult situations with greater confidence.
The Meditative Movement program, which was featured on the WCCO-TV | CBS Morning Show, provides an easy way to take care of your physical, mental and emotional needs. Through physical exercises with spoken affirmations, you will be able to release harmful stress and regain calm anytime throughout your day. This three-week series will support you as you integrate Meditative Movement activities into your daily routine.
- Explore the mind body connection
- Experience mindfulness activities
- Create a “Take Care of Me” plan
- Develop strategies for successful behavior changes
- Practice Meditative Movements in your daily routine
Ellie Peterson is the creator of Meditative Movements. Her passion is exploring with you how to care for your own mind, body and being so you can be healthier, happier and feel whole. Meditative Movements, an empowering new technique, is the result of her earlier emotional and mental health struggles and her University of St. Catherine studies in fitness and psychology. In addition to Ellie having more than 30 years of teaching experience, she is the author of “Meditative Movements” and “Empowering Energy”, as well as the creator of the “Power of Positive Aerobics DVD”.
Each of YIPA’s trainings are designed around MyYouthPro’s Competency Framework. The competency focus of this training is: THE FIELD OF YOUTH INTERVENTION
- Online Training
- Recorded in January 2016
- FREE for YIPA members
- $60 for non-YIPA members
- Not a member? Annual memberships are only $99 for individuals and only $250 for organizations. Click here to join or learn more.
- This training will count as 3 CEU hours for most boards. Please contact your board directly with questions on submitting.