YIPA FEST is a unique celebration, filled with love, positive energy, and genuine appreciation for all the ways the work you do truly makes a difference.
This event is for you, no matter what kind of youth work you do. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues and friends who share your passion for changing lives. You’ll laugh, you’ll learn, you’ll explore new ideas and expand your skills. You’ll leave feeling inspired and reinvigorated.
Come experience YIPA FEST! From the moment you are greeted by the hospitality team until you are thanked by YIPA team members as you leave, you will feel valued. Join us for a full day of learning, networking, entertainment, inspiration, and fun! And the full day is FREE for YIPA members. Not a member? Find out about the benefits of belonging or register to attend at the non-member rate of $120.
Richard Coffey is a native of North Carolina, an entrepreneur and businessperson, and a former professional athlete who played with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He served three years in the United States Army as an Airborne Paratrooper. Drawing on all this rich life experience, Richard’s keynote address will challenge you to not only step outside your box, but to live there. Sharing his background, he’ll take you on an empowering and entertaining journey of self-discovery that is quite often described as life changing! He’ll challenge you to strive to reach your full potential. Richard believes, “You can’t win at the game of life if you are not willing to get off the bench” and “Average is your enemy.” His ultimate goal is to assist others as they discover and utilize their talents.
Dr. Don Bartlette is a full-time public speaker and is by training, a social worker, counselor, consultant, and advocate for minority persons and victims of child abuse, survivors of alcohol addiction, troubled youth, and persons with disabilities. He is a French Canadian Native American. The story he’ll share with you in his keynote address has been told over 10,000 times throughout American and Canada since 1972. You will be riveted to your seat as he talks about the social, psychological, and educational experiences as a Chippewa Indian child growing up with emotional, speech, and physical disabilities in an environment of poverty, family and school violence, juvenile delinquency, homelessness, child abuse, racism, and alcoholism. He’ll tell you how one person in his community helped him to overcome childhood disadvantages and to survive in a multi-cultural world.
- Friday, October 12, 2018
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Central Time
- Mystic Lake Center, 2400 Mystic Lake Blvd NW, Prior Lake, MN 55372
- FREE for YIPA members
- $120 for Non-YIPA members. Not a member? Annual memberships are only $99 for individuals and only $250 for organizations.
- YIPA FEST will count as 6 CEU hours for most boards
- Hotel rooms are available; call (800) 548-8536 or book online
8:00 Hospitality team and exhibitors welcome you
8:30 am to 9:00 am – K-Pop group Zenith from Champlin Park HS youth performers and exploring exhibitors
9:00 am to 9:20 am – Welcome and opening remarks
9:25 am to 10:15 am – Breakout session 1
10:20 am to 11:10 am Breakout session 2
11:10 am to 11:30 am – Networking and exploring exhibitors
11:30 am to 12:00 pm – Lunch and exhibitor booth visits
11:50 am to 12:10 pm – Singer O’Sha Walker from Regional HS & Coon Rapids HS Steppers youth performers and exploring exhibitors
12:10 pm to 1:00 pm – Keynote – Richard Coffee
1:05 pm to 2:00 pm – Breakout session 3
2:05 pm to 3:00 pm – Keynote – Dr. Donald Bartlett
Breakout sessions are led by YIPA members
YIPA FEST exhibitors value you and the work you do. They choose to be a part of YIPA FEST to show their support and they’re eager to share their resources to help you make the most of your day here. Be sure to visit the exhibitors throughout YIPA FEST. Want to be a YIPA FEST exhibitor? Sign up here.
Thank you, sponsors!
YIPA FEST sponsors make this special day possible! They are committed to a better future for our young people and stronger communities everywhere. They know that when you are successful, our youth do better and we all benefit. Please reciprocate and support your YIPA FEST sponsors.
Here’s just a little look at the 2017 YIPA FEST
- It was amazing to see the sheer number of youth workers and youth advocates together in one place. It was an inspiring sight that affirmed my passion for serving youth. – Julia Lawler
- YIPA FEST is one of the best sources of training for my staff each year. The quality of the presentations is high and the networking opportunities are plentiful. The fact that there is no cost for members is a double bonus. Thank you. – Julie Murphy
- It was my first time attending YIPA FEST and I had a blast! It was a great opportunity for networking and learning about other programs and organizations. – Kimberly Nguyen
- YIPA Fest is a cannot-miss youth worker celebration that I highly recommend to all youth workers and interested community members. ~ Allie Birdseye-Hannula