The strength of the YIPA community is our diversity and collective wisdom. Our virtual forums connect youth workers to discuss relevant issues concerning our shared goal of supporting young people. Plan to join us for our next live discussion or watch the recorded forums when it fits your busy schedule.
Currently there are no live community forums scheduled. If you receive our email updates we’ll be sure to let you know when the next forum is scheduled. If you haven’t signed up yet, Stay Connected with us.
Recorded on October 19, 2021
96% approval rating
The COVID-19 global pandemic has collectively impacted people and systems in ways we never imagined. It has inflicted a kind of trauma upon us as individuals and communities. Coming together to deal with and heal from its effects is the focus of this forum. Discussion points for this forum included:
- How youth workers and young people have survived and thrived during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How you can help yourself and young people in your program heal from the emotional trauma of the pandemic
- How to maintain your mental health, well-being, and how to use self-care strategies for you and the young people you serve
Recorded on June 25, 2020
100% approval rating
A monumental awakening, especially for many white people, happened around the world in the aftermath of George Floyd’s murder. BLM activists, civil rights proponents, long-time advocates for justice, and new allies rose up for racial justice. We convened this forum to continue the work of undoing racism. Discussion points for this forum included:
- How to take action against racism – awareness alone isn’t enough; anti-racism action is needed to bring about the systemic changes this moment calls for
- How you can help yourself and young people in your program deal with the emotional trauma of the global upheaval we are experiencing
- How to be an askable adult and invite young people to have those difficult conversations about racism and privilege with you and with their peers
- How to maintain your mental health, well-being, and how to use self-care strategies for you and the youth you serve